SENTIMENT CHE

El sentiment d'una afició, el teu fòrum d'opinió sobre el València CF

Bienvenidos los nuevos foreros, por favor leed las normas y disfrutemos del foro: NORMAS DEL FORO

2011-12 Season Omnibus Thread

Forum for English-speaking visitors
Mensaje
Autor
hoser

2011-12 Season Omnibus Thread

#1 Mensajepor hoser » 29 Oct 2011 21:01

Don't know if there is any point in making individual match threads as I can't watch all matches and I don't know who will respond.

Anyway, anyone watch the Getafe match today, on the 29th of October? Was a decent/okay match, and it was nice to see how much better Banega has become at advancing the ball forward. Before he wasn't as skilled at taking on players, now, he has more confidence and can dissect a defensive line quite nicely. Can't believe that Valencia have considered, or were rumored to be interested in selling him. Feghouli, despite the two goals, still looks a bit raw. Getafe didn't seem like they put up much of a fight.

Of what I have season so far, I like this season's Valencia, as the defensive line is stronger with Rami and Victor Ruiz. Actually, has there been a better defender than Rami at Valencia since Ayala? Maybe not. I would have liked to see Canales play, but I had very few opportunities to watch a match before he was lost to injury. Still, the ball movement appears to be better now and the backline doesn't seem as porous, two ingredients necessary for success.

What's the deal with Parejo? He hasn't played much. Nor has Tino Costa. Also, how come Topal didn't play tonight? I'd rather not write about the persistance of Albelda and the disappointment in having him wear the Captain's armband.

Anyway, AMUNT!

hoser

Re: 2011-12 Season Omnibus Thread

#2 Mensajepor hoser » 06 Nov 2011 16:30

Yesterday's match against Levante was quite nice to watch. The refereeing was a bit uneven, but Valencia was the better team. I was worried about the loss of Banega but the distribution was in Tino Costa's capable hands.

I've always thought Jordi Alba was misplaced as a LB, so I like the fact that he is playing in his more natural position. Also, I like what I have seen of Feghouli the last few matches. He's still a bit raw, but with more confidence and playing time he may just become a kind of Pablo Hernandez 2.0. Barragan was okay, steady, but not exceptional. The defence pair of Ruiz and Rami is the best pairing Valencia has had in years.

Still don't know what to make of Piatti and Parejo, but the season is young and they will get more playing time. Then again it seems that Valencia seems to over-correct when it comes to transfers, or rather, they don't get it right the first time and they have to look for the second or third time. Example, Moya, no strike that, example Renan. Did not work out, so they needed to find someone else. Then came Moya. And then came Alves. You could probably make the same arguments for a number of positions, but also, you could argue that during the lean years of having next to no money for transfers they did the best that they could. Anyway, enough of this digression, though the point is that I wonder if Piatti and Parejo were even needed/necessary.

Next match is a big one. I'd love to see Valencia beat down the Arrogant One and his team of overpriced talent to the tune of 8-1. Of the big two in Spain, I find Real Madrid the more loathsome.

hoser

#3 Mensajepor hoser » 07 Dic 2011 01:27

Crap. Off to the Europa League, regrettably. A shame really, but this was a difficult group. It's too bad Valencia didn't play so well away from the Mestalla.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#4 Mensajepor Drakul » 09 Dic 2011 12:35

This is the team we have. We didn't compete with the biggest teams since long time ago.
Imagen

El_Valenciano_Sajón
Contactar:

#5 Mensajepor El_Valenciano_Sajón » 21 Dic 2011 20:07

Well, in most cases my Spanish is good enough to follow the news here which I occasionally transfer directly in the German board of Valencianistas - but at the moment, I have no idea what all this investor-talking is about. Costa Rica here, Sr. Wiskey there, sheikh thar... Could somebody please sum up what is going on there?

Thank you, much appreciated.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#6 Mensajepor Drakul » 22 Dic 2011 11:17

El_Valenciano_Sajón escribió:Well, in most cases my Spanish is good enough to follow the news here which I occasionally transfer directly in the German board of Valencianistas - but at the moment, I have no idea what all this investor-talking is about. Costa Rica here, Sr. Wiskey there, sheikh thar... Could somebody please sum up what is going on there?

Thank you, much appreciated.

Nobody knows that. There are 3 offers to buy the club according to the rumours that have been told in press. Two of them look serious enough. Yesterday Eduardo Esteve, Onda 0, that this week is going to be very important in order to make the deal or not. Rumours talk about money from Qatar and Costa Rica (I guess they are the 2 serious offers) with the company located in London.
Imagen

El_Valenciano_Sajón
Contactar:

#7 Mensajepor El_Valenciano_Sajón » 22 Dic 2011 19:01

Thank you, Drakul.

hoser

#8 Mensajepor hoser » 31 Dic 2011 18:14

I didn't even know that Valenica may be sold. Thanks for the news. It would be nice to have some financial stability, though over the last year or so things haven't been too terrible, I suppose.

I wonder what the general mood in Valencia would be of having a non-Spaniard as owner of Valencia? Does nationality really matter? For me it's not much of an issue. Of course you'd like the billionaire to have earned his or her money honestly, if you can say that billionaires do so, rather than through some kind of criminal activities. Although in that regard, I'd make an exception for Kim Jong Un - he's been in power for too short to have his hands dirty. And besides, the prospect of some Valencia themed mass games would be kind of cool, maybe?

One thing I can say is that contract years agree with David Albelda. If Valencia wants to get value from him, they should just give him a one year extension. He is too lazy when under the comfort of a contract that lasts more than one year.

hoser

#9 Mensajepor hoser » 31 Dic 2011 18:14

Oh and Happy New Year to one and all at sentimentche.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#10 Mensajepor Drakul » 01 Ene 2012 12:01

Happy new year mate!

The nationality for me is not a matter. I'm quite tired of the "nationals" in the club during the past 20 years who have been very worried to get rich through the club. It would be nice for the club to be directed by somebody who is rich already.
Imagen

rourevalencià
Contactar:

#11 Mensajepor rourevalencià » 01 Ene 2012 18:39

The thing is that is hard to believe someone who is already rich would be honestly interested to invest in VCF until now with a complete different scenario.

hoser

#12 Mensajepor hoser » 12 Ene 2012 20:32

Levante is the next opponent in the Copa Del Rey. Should be a good set of matches and I think that Valencia should advance without any severe problems.

The Sevilla match made me a bit nervous at times.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#13 Mensajepor Drakul » 13 Ene 2012 11:47

Albelda and Valenca have an agreement to renew his contract one year more... ](*,) ](*,)
Imagen

hoser

#14 Mensajepor hoser » 14 Ene 2012 23:59

Drakul escribió:Albelda and Valenca have an agreement to renew his contract one year more... ](*,) ](*,)

It's only one year. Still, another year of Albelda… It boggles the mind that he still cashes a paycheque from Valencia. Never before has one player benefited so much from Rafa Benitez's genius with Valencia. Don't think any other player was able to milk the connection from the championship days as much as Albelda has. But I digress.

Shame about the loss to Real Sociedad. That Griezmann goal was part skill, part luck. Seems like a decent player, wish Valencia had him.

Well, the home and home with Levante begins on the 19th. Should be a good series.

Rat Penat

#15 Mensajepor Rat Penat » 29 Oct 2013 18:53

Le voy a hacer el trabajo facil a Braulio. Si quieren ceder a Aspas en diciembre su único destino tiene que ser Valencia.

Volver a “CHE WORLD”