SENTIMENT CHE

El sentiment d'una afició, el teu fòrum d'opinió sobre el València CF

Bienvenidos los nuevos foreros, por favor leed las normas y disfrutemos del foro: NORMAS DEL FORO

Manuel Llorente, New President of Old

Forum for English-speaking visitors
Mensaje
Autor
hoser

Manuel Llorente, New President of Old

#1 Mensajepor hoser » 05 Jun 2009 23:17

Well, it didn't take too long to rip off the name plate for the President's office and order a new one.

This sunday Manuel Llorente will be made the captain of the SS Valencia. (What's the designation for Military ships in Spain? England has HMS, Canada has HMCS, for Spain it is?)

He left Pamesa Valencia, the basketball team, today to become the soon to be president. If the name seems familiar it actually is, as I think he held this post before Soler began his reign of termination terror, so he too has felt the cruel sting of Soler's incompetence. Worked for Valencia for ten years in various positions before getting fired.

Not sure what exactly to think.

rubenche

Re: Manuel Llorente, New President of Old

#2 Mensajepor rubenche » 06 Jun 2009 15:39

Well he is one of the responsibles for Benítez's departure, and he didn't do nothing special at pamesa. So I don't expect our situation will be better due to him. I only hope he isn't that bad to block our improvement with silly decisions and won't make our situation worse, that would be an improvement compared to its predecessors.
The only competent person is Javier Gomez, I'm glad he is here.

Valensieli
Contactar:

#3 Mensajepor Valensieli » 07 Jun 2009 21:58

I think Llorente was the worst possible option with which the board could come up :(
Imagen

Imagen

hoser

#4 Mensajepor hoser » 08 Jun 2009 09:23

Valensieli escribió:I think Llorente was the worst possible option with which the board could come up :(

Valensieli, where have you been all this time?

Forgot to add, but I believe Javier Gomez is now Vice President.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#5 Mensajepor Drakul » 08 Jun 2009 10:10

President: Manuel Llorente
Vice President: Javier Gomez
Sports Director: Fernando Gómez

I really don't like Llorente as a President, but of course, he's much better than Soler and Soriano together.
Imagen

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

Vicente Soriano Resigns As Valencia President

#6 Mensajepor Drakul » 09 Jun 2009 09:40

We have a new President... surprisingly I don't like him, and you will ask me, Do you like anybody? :D

He's much better than Soler and Soriano, of course, but he's been in Valencia as a chairman and his job wasn't that good. We had good sports results with him, but we had the same bad economy, it was the beginning of Soler's arrive. In fact Llorente asked him to come in order to protect the club from Paco Roig. In addition his bad personal relation with Benitez made him leave Mestalla.

He's talking a lot but I'll tell you something. Don't believe a word he says. He's clever, he will say everything he thinks is better for the club. "We are not selling Silva and Villa" is a sentence that would increase their market price.

The worst think he said until this point is that he wants to ask city council and Valencia Government to finish the stadium together. Bad news. Profits of the new stadium are essential to grow as a club.
Imagen

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

mmm

#7 Mensajepor Drakul » 09 Jun 2009 09:52

Ahh I forgot... Llorente is a close friend with Albelda... we'll have him one year more ](*,)
Imagen

hoser

Re: mmm

#8 Mensajepor hoser » 09 Jun 2009 13:40

Drakul escribió:Ahh I forgot... Llorente is a close friend with Albelda... we'll have him one year more ](*,)

....Awesome?

To be honest, somebody needs to be the lightning rod for fans' anger at the Mestalla if things go bad next season. He's the perfect candidate, unless of course the press anesthetize the fans by constantly pointing out the misunderstood genius tucked away somewhere in roughly 90 minutes of casual walking. I'd rather not have him around though.

I want a time when Valencia is run by smart and decent people who care about the club, someone like the second coming of Casanova (not that I was around at the time). Seems that lately Valencia has been run by the clueless, the self-interested and everything in between.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

Re: mmm

#9 Mensajepor Drakul » 09 Jun 2009 14:26

hoser escribió:To be honest, somebody needs to be the lightning rod for fans' anger at the Mestalla if things go bad next season.

When that happens, they put the speakers very high in the stadium. :D
Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#10 Mensajepor Valensieli » 10 Jun 2009 14:47

hoser, I've just been observing the threads. Quite hard times for Valencia. I am very depressed.
Imagen

Imagen

Volver a “CHE WORLD”