SENTIMENT CHE

El sentiment d'una afició, el teu fòrum d'opinió sobre el València CF

Bienvenidos los nuevos foreros, por favor leed las normas y disfrutemos del foro: NORMAS DEL FORO

The meaning of "Amunt" in English

Forum for English-speaking visitors
Mensaje
Autor
Joaquin

#1 Mensajepor Joaquin » 31 Jul 2007 15:10

Hey man.

What does "Amunt" mean in English?
Anyone know this?

heaven
Contactar:

#2 Mensajepor heaven » 31 Jul 2007 16:39

Joaquin escribió:Hey man.

Anyone know this?

Up :wink:

Amunt is in Valencian, Arriba in Spanish.

Joaquin

#3 Mensajepor Joaquin » 31 Jul 2007 18:04

heaven escribió:
Up :wink:

Amunt is in Valencian, Arriba in Spanish.

OK. I understand now.

Thanks mate.

Ferran
Contactar:

#4 Mensajepor Ferran » 31 Jul 2007 18:30

Joaquin escribió:Hey man.

Anyone know this?

It's a supporting word to encourage the team. The translation to english can be "up" but the meaning and the use is the same that "go reds!" or "go Rangers!", for example.
Imagen
Imagen

Joaquin

#5 Mensajepor Joaquin » 31 Jul 2007 22:38

Ferran escribió:
It's a supporting word to encourage the team. The translation to english can be "up" but the meaning and the use is the same that "go reds!" or "go Rangers!", for example.

Thanks Ferran.

Is the Valencian language very different to Spanish?
Or are they quite similar?

Ferran
Contactar:

#6 Mensajepor Ferran » 01 Ago 2007 12:02

Yes, it's similar, but I like to say valencian is a mixing among Spanish, Italian and French. An Italian can understand valencian and we can understand Italian better and easier than a person who only speaks Spanish.
Imagen
Imagen

Joaquin

#7 Mensajepor Joaquin » 01 Ago 2007 15:07

Ferran escribió:Yes, it's similar, but I like to say valencian is a mixing among Spanish, Italian and French. An Italian can understand valencian and we can understand Italian better and easier than a person who only speaks Spanish.

Wow. Didn't know that.

But would people from Valencia be able to talk Castillan Spanish as well?

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#8 Mensajepor Drakul » 02 Ago 2007 11:45

Joaquin escribió:
Wow. Didn't know that.

But would people from Valencia be able to talk Castillan Spanish as well?

Yes we are. We have the two languages. I know Britts that after some time living in here they discovered that there is another language called Valencian (It's talked by the 80% of the population in towns). I don't need to tell you anything about English people. I live in Oliva, a small beach city with a population of 25.0000. 2000 or greater are English. They have here their own pubs, shops, they want to be attended in English in the shops, etc... Anyway it's good for my company because I can do it, but I wouldn't be able to live in a foreign country without talking their language. I mean, it would be as not living in that country.
Imagen

Ferran
Contactar:

#9 Mensajepor Ferran » 02 Ago 2007 12:30

Drakul escribió:
Yes we are. We have the two languages. I know Britts that after some time living in here they discovered that there is another language called Valencian (It's talked by the 80% of the population in towns). I don't need to tell you anything about English people. I live in Oliva, a small beach city with a population of 25.0000

:lol: :lol:

Of course Drakul, of course.. If Oliva has a population of 250000, Gandia has 500000 people and Valencia one of 8.000.000 :lol:
Imagen
Imagen

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#10 Mensajepor Drakul » 02 Ago 2007 12:43

25.000; I put the point sign ok, but one zero more :P
Imagen

Aimar-21

#11 Mensajepor Aimar-21 » 10 Ago 2007 09:40

Is the Valencian language similar to the one spoken in Catalunya ?
Imagen

AMUNT VALENCIA

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#12 Mensajepor Drakul » 10 Ago 2007 11:03

Aimar-21 escribió:Is the Valencian language similar to the one spoken in Catalunya ?

That question could start a big fight. Officially speaking, yes they are. Other theory says that they are different languages but with big similarities because of being, geographically speaking, one next to the other. The question is, Can we consider them different languages or they are different dialects of the same one? Such a non important question is a point of politicians' battles. It's very difficult to have an answer; in my opinion they are different dialects of the same language, but we can't call that language "catalán" as it is official right now, due the importance of the Catalonya politic and his nationalism.
Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#13 Mensajepor Valensieli » 10 Ago 2007 14:52

what can you say about Valencian nationalism? for example, Ferran's signature... :)
Imagen

Imagen

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#14 Mensajepor Drakul » 10 Ago 2007 15:03

Valensieli escribió:what can you say about Valencian nationalism? for example, Ferran's signature... :)

We are proud of being Valencian and about our history. In fact we have been and independent kingdom, and it's a fact that other people in Spain can't say that. But even that, most of the people are not valencian nationalist. I agree that for me it's more emotional the Valencian hymn that the Spanish one, but living in a democracy, in a nice project build with blood and so many efforts of our ancestors, with the big history that Spain made having us all together, I consider quite stupid the nationalism ideas. It's a lack of travelling.
Imagen

tarongetvcf

#15 Mensajepor tarongetvcf » 10 Ago 2007 15:35

Valensieli escribió:what can you say about Valencian nationalism? for example, Ferran's signature... :)

I think almost everyone is nationalist. I mean, from my point of view, your nation is your basic community, I feel we, valencians, can decide our own things, we can go and speak in Europe about our agriculture, our urbanism, without asking permission to Madrid... You can hear many people who say they are "world citizens" but they go with their spanish flag and see Alonso in F1. Why do they go with Alonso and not Hamilton if they are both from the same "world"? Because the first one is from their nation, and I fully respect that..

I'm valencian nationalist, because I think Valencia (Country, old kingdon doesn't matter the name) is my basic community. That doesn't mean I'm dressed with my flag, or that I get an orgasm everytime I hear our valencian national anthem. I would burn my flag if that could solve any real problem.

Some valencian nationalists want the independence from Spain, others don't. Meanwhile, we are just trying to build a better Spain, i'm sure and proud of that.

We are proud of being Valencian and about our history. In fact we have been and independent kingdom, and it's a fact that other people in Spain can't say that. But even that, most of the people are not valencian nationalist. I agree that for me it's more emotional the Valencian hymn that the Spanish one, but living in a democracy, in a nice project build with blood and so many efforts of our ancestors, with the big history that Spain made having us all together, I consider quite stupid the nationalism ideas. It's a lack of travelling.

We can also make a nice democratic valencian project inside Spain, and, above all, inside Europe. ;) What you wrote seems to me spanish nationalism (which I respect), but it seems you don't respect other nationalisms. For my age, I consider I've travelled (and not just travelled, but lived many years abroad) enough. And I'm still valencian nationalist. Why? Because I think we can have valencian project for Europe, a valencian project for the world, a valencian view on global problems. That's my open nationalism: let the world see what we are, share with them our culture and our views, and build a democratic project between all valencian citizens ;)
Imagen

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#16 Mensajepor Drakul » 10 Ago 2007 16:05

tarongetvcf escribió:I think almost everyone is nationalist.

Imagen

There isn't even one nationalist party represented in Valencian parliament!
Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#17 Mensajepor Valensieli » 10 Ago 2007 16:25

interesting versions, thanks for your replies. does Valencia have autonomy inside Spain and is it as wide as Catalunya has?
Imagen

Imagen

tarongetvcf

#18 Mensajepor tarongetvcf » 10 Ago 2007 16:32

Drakul escribió:
Enlace de la imagen de la anterior cita: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/149/sinttulo1by8.gif

There isn't even one nationalist party represented in Valencian parliament!

Those who speak about "the spanish nation" aren't as nationalist as I am?

From my point of view (and according to the meaning of nationalism I agree with)
PP: Spanish nationalist
PSOE: Spanish nationalist

That's what i meant with "almost everyone is nationalist" ;)
Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#19 Mensajepor Valensieli » 10 Ago 2007 16:39

I also want the source on English language about the history of Valencia. (if it is possible to find)
Imagen

Imagen

tarongetvcf

#20 Mensajepor tarongetvcf » 10 Ago 2007 16:50

Valensieli escribió:interesting versions, thanks for your replies. does Valencia have autonomy inside Spain and is it as wide as Catalunya has?

Not as wide, just because our people, and our governors don't want as much autonomy as Catalunya has. For example, they've got a fully autonomic Police, and we don't...

I also want the source on English language about the history of Valencia. (if it is possible to find)

I've just found this one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencian_ ... ty#History and others, but are just as short as that one.
Imagen

Volver a “CHE WORLD”