SENTIMENT CHE

El sentiment d'una afició, el teu fòrum d'opinió sobre el València CF

Bienvenidos los nuevos foreros, por favor leed las normas y disfrutemos del foro: NORMAS DEL FORO

Nothing to do with football

Forum for English-speaking visitors
Mensaje
Autor
laia

#101 Mensajepor laia » 09 Feb 2007 14:36

:lol: Juan 'To be accustomed to' & Quique Flowers :lol:

Ferran
Contactar:

#102 Mensajepor Ferran » 09 Feb 2007 20:19

hoser escribió:I forgot my favorite mistranslation: Juan Soler becomes Juan 'To be accustomed to' when translating text in Babel fish. Makes it seem like he's a President that takes some getting used to.

:lol: :lol:

It can be better:

John to be accustomed to... :lol: and Henry flowers.
Imagen
Imagen

markoMB

#103 Mensajepor markoMB » 09 Feb 2007 23:00

Do the translators translate correct the names? Does Villa mean town and so on?

MiKi#46

#104 Mensajepor MiKi#46 » 10 Feb 2007 00:53

markoMB escribió:Do the translators translate correct the names? Does Villa mean town and so on?

Yes, or at least they are close to their meanings. :?:

WeiDoRF!

#105 Mensajepor WeiDoRF! » 10 Feb 2007 04:49

Village... :lol:

Dani_ZG

#106 Mensajepor Dani_ZG » 16 Feb 2007 19:55

I have one question for hoser, how that that you love and watch football in Canada , Canadians most like hockey and winter sports, right?
Amunt Valencia y Dinamo Zagreb

Imagen

Imagen

hoser

#107 Mensajepor hoser » 16 Feb 2007 21:46

Dani_ZG escribió:I have one question for hoser, how that that you love and watch football in Canada , Canadians most like hockey and winter sports, right?

Hi Dani_ZG,

Yeah, I guess that is the stereotype. Vancouver is hosting the Winter Olympics in 2010, so yeah, Canadians do like winter sports. I don't mind hockey, but I guess it is seen as Canada's sport, though officially lacrosse is supposed to be THE sport of Canada. It's sort of like hockey, but played with a stick with a little net, played during the summer, and with an incredibly hard ball. You don't want to get hit in the nuts with a lacrosse ball, it's really painful. Most Canadians, it is true, like hockey, with either the Montreal Canadiens or Toronto Maple Leafs being the most loved/hated teams. I'm from Toronto, but, I don't really care for the Maple Leafs. Ice skating outside is kind of nice, even nicer with a girl you really like. But, it's not always a winter wonderland, as we do have a summer with some Summer sports, such as football, Basketball, and baseball. Current NBA MVP Steve Nash of the Suns is a Canadian, so we can like non-Winter sports.

I've liked football since about the 94 world cup, though that World Cup was kind of boring. Zzzz...... penatly shootout to decide Brazil wins. I don't have any memories of Canada's last time playing in the World Cup, Mexico 86, because I didn't have any interest and was too young. Don't get me started on why Canada sucks. Other than that, I'm not sure I could explain why I like football?

Also, I'm currently in Belgium studying, and I get a chance to watch Valencia play whenever Skysports picks up the feed. So that really helps.

Dani_ZG

#108 Mensajepor Dani_ZG » 17 Feb 2007 11:46

Nice explanation, thanks :wink:

Imagen

Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#109 Mensajepor Valensieli » 24 Feb 2007 21:21

hey people, how you doin?
been a while since my last post on this forum.
I was passive due to some problems with health.

by the way, some months ago i missed an oportunity to meet mario regueiro. there was a friendly match between georgia and uruguay, he has been named in the uruguaian squad. I work for the local newspaper and had made an appointment to interview Mario. I'd also for sure take the photos with him and would take an autograph from him. But unfortunately, in the last match before the game in georgia, that was against racing santander, he's suffered the serious injury from scaloni. i watched that moment, i was real mad. :)

how you guys doin in here? i've really missed you, ferran, dani, abraxas, drakul and all the others :)
Imagen

Imagen

abraxas
Contactar:

#110 Mensajepor abraxas » 24 Feb 2007 21:43

Valensieli escribió:hey people, how you doin?

by the way, some months ago i missed an oportunity to meet mario regueiro. there was a friendly match between georgia and uruguay, he has been named in the uruguaian squad. I work for the local newspaper and had made an appointment to interview Mario. I'd also for sure take the photos with him and would take an autograph from him. But unfortunately, in the last match before the game in georgia, that was against racing santander, he's suffered the serious injury from scaloni. i watched that moment, i was real mad. :)

how you guys doin in here? i've really missed you, ferran, dani, abraxas, drakul and all the others :)

Hi, Valensieli. Glad to have you here again. :wink:

hoser

#111 Mensajepor hoser » 25 Feb 2007 21:13

Valensieli escribió:hey people, how you doin?

Nice to have you back, but more importantly, I hope you're back in good health!

Valensieli
Contactar:

#112 Mensajepor Valensieli » 26 Feb 2007 10:07

Thank You People!
Well, what bout my health, I'm still recovering, but it'll be ok.

hoser, I see you've changed your nickname. weren't you obligatory hoser? :) this one looks better.

Have you guys watched Oscar yesterday?
I was shocked to see Di Caprio again without the prize, imho he really deserved it this year.
Imagen

Imagen

hoser

#113 Mensajepor hoser » 26 Feb 2007 15:39

Valensieli escribió:Thank You People!
Well, what bout my health, I'm still recovering, but it'll be ok.

hoser, I see you've changed your nickname. weren't you obligatory hoser? :) this one looks better.

Have you guys watched Oscar yesterday?
I was shocked to see Di Caprio again without the prize, imho he really deserved it this year.

Yes, name has been shortened. Hoser is better.

No, didn't watch the Oscars, but Whitaker was excellent in Last King of Scotland, and I think he deserved to win. As for Scorcese, yeah, it was about time he won, but I don't think The Departed was an excellent movie. I thought it was okay, but not Oscar worthy. He should have won for Raging Bull or Taxi Driver or Goodfellas, but not for the Departed.

I thought Pan's Labyrinth (El labyrinto del fauno) should have won best foreign picture, but oh well, it won three others. I think that this was one of the best movies of 2006. Actually I saw most of the better movies. One of the advantages of being in North America is that you have these gigantic Movie Cinemas that have 30 screens, so if you plan things right, you can see two or even three movies for the price of one by being a bit sneaky.

abraxas
Contactar:

#114 Mensajepor abraxas » 26 Feb 2007 15:58

hoser escribió:One of the advantages of being in North America is that you have these gigantic Movie Cinemas that have 30 screens, so if you plan things right, you can see two or even three movies for the price of one by being a bit sneaky.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dani_ZG

#115 Mensajepor Dani_ZG » 26 Feb 2007 16:39

F***k the Oscar! :D

Imagen

Imagen

Valensieli
Contactar:

#116 Mensajepor Valensieli » 26 Feb 2007 17:54

One of the greatest advantages of being in Georgia is that nobody cares here about the piracy and the copyrights, so we watch the movies here for free when sometimes they aren't released even in the American cinemas :D
Imagen

Imagen

hoser

#117 Mensajepor hoser » 26 Feb 2007 19:13

Valensieli escribió:One of the greatest advantages of being in Georgia is that nobody cares here about the piracy and the copyrights, so we watch the movies here for free when sometimes they aren't released even in the American cinemas :D

Touché! :lol:

Not paying to see a movie is even better than getting three-for-one.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#118 Mensajepor Drakul » 26 Feb 2007 19:33

We have to congratulate ourselves. According to the main statistics webpages, sentimentche is the most visited Valencia forum in the net.
Imagen

hoser

#119 Mensajepor hoser » 26 Feb 2007 19:42

Drakul escribió:We have to congratulate ourselves. According to the main statistics webpages, sentimentche is the most visited Valencia forum in the net.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Great news!

(Now if only the English section could get a bit more action.)

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#120 Mensajepor Drakul » 26 Feb 2007 19:47

hoser escribió:
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Great news!

(Now if only the English section could get a bit more action.)

That's right
Imagen

Volver a “CHE WORLD”