SENTIMENT CHE

El sentiment d'una afició, el teu fòrum d'opinió sobre el València CF

Bienvenidos los nuevos foreros, por favor leed las normas y disfrutemos del foro: NORMAS DEL FORO

INTERNATIONAL VALENCIA PENYA

Forum for English-speaking visitors
Mensaje
Autor
Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

Re: INTERNATIONAL VALENCIA PENYA

#21 Mensajepor Drakul » 08 Jul 2008 13:45

Finally I got the time to mail and and ask it... I'll let you know as soon as they answer me.

Sorry again

Imagen

El Guiri
Contactar:

#22 Mensajepor El Guiri » 17 Jul 2008 03:04

About one year ago I founded a Nordic/Scandinavian penya together with some friends from a local internet community, mainly with members originating or living in these countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland etc.). I live in Sweden.

We became and official penya after the following steps:

1. Creating a registered organization
In our case, a non-profit organization registered by Swedish authorities, with enabled us to open a bank account, make payments in the name of our penya etc.
This step differs from country to country depending on laws (taxes and organisational rules and regulations).

2. Registering members
According to a MS Word template downloaded from Agrupacio de Penyes site.

3. Making a request to Agrupacio de Penyes to become an official penya
There are templates for this too (it's in spanish, but translatable with Google or Babelfish, for instance) on the APV site with fairly simple instructions. This information really ought to be availabe at least in English too...

4. Paying the annual fees
Once the APV has responded and granted you official status you'll need member fees (or philantropic donations) since non-spanish penyas still must pay fees to la Agrupacio:
- The Christmas lottery (either you pay for the christmas lottery, or you pay a lesser single fee of about 36 euros but don't get the lottery tickets)
- The Trofeo Naranja tickets of 150 euros

That's about it.

But to get there, you'll need dedicated people to run and administer the supporter club organization. And it is favorable if at least one of these people understands and can talk Spanish, since the people at the APV is not very familiar with English or other languages apart from Spanish and Valenciano. You need to communicate with them from time to time.

It is also recommended that someone in the management team of the supporter club travels to Valencia at least once a year, not only for visiting Mestalla and watching a game, but for doing a little bit of administation:
- Paying the fees(!)
I've have failed to get the bank account number of the APV, with international IBAN and BIC/SWIFT codes, which at least in the EU countries is required when making wired transfers. So we have been fortunate to have people travelling to some matches and at this time we could go to the office of the APV and pay with cash.
- Obtaining the membership cards
If you want to buy a Valencia outfit in the VCF stores you need this to get the 10% discount, otherwise it's mostly of symbolic value for international members as the benefits are local to Valencia and Spain. Discounts in Hotels and restaurants may be useful, though, otherwise they are not.

The major benefit is of course the access to tickets. Even though they are not guaranteed, you still get a better chance to obtain tickets rather than a) paying A LOT to ticket vendors or b) paying A LOT to black market sales or being uncertain of getting tickets all, despite the fact that one has bought an expensive travel to Valencia from abroad. The public tickets go on sale about 4-5 days before game day, but a typical football travel is just over the weekend. In worst case we come to Valencia late on a Friday and can only go to the taquillas/ticket booth on Saturday, just to be met with a sign that says it's all sold out. Fortunately, this mostly happens only in 4-5 times a year, typically against Real Madrid and Barcelona - but on the other hand these are just the kind of matches that are most attractive since we are already making an effort to come to Valencia on a major expense.

Right now I'm in Valencia (in Peñiscola) and I will attend the APV convention on Saturday the 19th of July for the first time. Hopefully I can get some help on how to handle international payments and a better way to handle tickets. For instance, we had four members going to the Copa del Rey final in Madrid earlier this year. The APV required all presidents of each penya to present themselves in person at the office to acquire these tickets. This is simply not feasable from a large distance. I can't leave my family and work just to get some tickets, that's at least 400 euro operation from where I live!
There is of course usually an option for the president of the penya to make a written authorization to another person on site in Valencia, but that is not an option for us, and some other international penyas (the Hungarian one, for instance) since we do not have personal contacts in the city who can run errands to the APV office every now and then, and being entrusted with a fairly large sum of money.

Good luck with forming the penya! I hope you get there soon! For our part is has definitely been worth the efforts and we've got very good response from Jaume Part, the president of APV. I hope I didn't miss anything important.

By the way, you can have a look upon our website here: http://www.chescandinavia.com
We have some information in english.

Dzidek

#23 Mensajepor Dzidek » 02 Ago 2008 10:59

Sorry for not responding for such a long time, i was on holidays :)
Thanks for all informations, they'll be useful, i'm pretty sure about that. We've made first steps to found an association, but still need some time. But i have a question with point nr 4:
El Guiri escribió:4. Paying the annual fees
Once the APV has responded and granted you official status you'll need member fees (or philantropic donations) since non-spanish penyas still must pay fees to la Agrupacio:
- The Christmas lottery (either you pay for the christmas lottery, or you pay a lesser single fee of about 36 euros but don't get the lottery tickets)
- The Trofeo Naranja tickets of 150 euros

Are the fees concerned for the whole organisation, or for each member? 150 euros won't be a problem for us, considered as a group, but individually it could be.

Anyway, i ensure you that i'll inform you here if there will be any progress. :wink:

El Guiri
Contactar:

#24 Mensajepor El Guiri » 02 Ago 2008 12:15

Those fees are for the whole penya, not per person! (That would be a really high fee!)
Última edición por El Guiri el 02 Ago 2008 19:02, editado 1 vez en total.

Drakul
Moderador
Contactar:

#25 Mensajepor Drakul » 02 Ago 2008 13:35

Drakul escribió:Finally I got the time to mail and and ask it... I'll let you know as soon as they answer me.

Sorry again

By the way, now that I see it... they are great, I continue waiting for the answer .confundido
Imagen

Dzidek

#26 Mensajepor Dzidek » 02 Ago 2008 16:27

El Guiri escribió:Those fees are the the whole penya, not per person! (That would be a really high fee!)

You know... it's better to ask earlier than have a surprise later ;D

Volver a “CHE WORLD”